Monday, January 3, 2011

Ciao Bella


To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
- St.Thomas Aquinas

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci

If you want things to stay as they are, things will have to change
- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa


Italians are known for being passionate and romantic, that is in no way a stereotype. As many people do, I have dreamed of going to Rome for a long time. When I was 15 I saw the movie Roman Holiday for the first time and I instantly fell in love. The city was so alive, the people had so much passion it made you want to jump up and down.



We stopped at the Trevi fountain and when I thru a coin into the fountain I was so giddy! I had one of my favorite people in the world with me and I was in a place we have both dreamed of for so long. Our next stop was a little gelato shop, and oh my goodness it was SO good. I want to go back and never leave! I love italy!!



The history that was there made them so proud to be italian. Even the taxi drivers couldn't help them selves from sharing every small detail about the city. I will never forget driving up the hill so excited to just be there, the road started curving to the right and in front of me was the Colosseum. I started to cry no joke, sad I know but it was breath taking. Thinking of all the people who had been there before me, all the people who had been killed there for being a Christian. This massive piece of architecture made for such a horrific purpose is now one of the most famous and beautiful places in the world.

I couldn't help myself think of how thats exactly what God has done in every christians life. He takes the crap, the hurt, the pain, every part and makes it something incredible. Something so beautiful, and just like that amazing structure we have scrapes and bruises from our journey, but still stand strong because the creator knew before time that storms would come but it is never mor1e1e than we can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment