Saturday, June 23, 2012

up again

When something rough happens life has told us that it can only get better. 


Now something good has to happen to balance it out. 

Unfortunately that isn't a true fact. Good things happen and bad things happen, there isn't a formula to calculate when they are going to happen. You can't even have a perfect way to deal with it when the bad stuff comes. There are clichés that tell you hard times will build you character and as frustrating as that is, it's true. 

When good things happen how do you know it's good? it may help you progress in life or it makes you feel good but how do you even know that? You have to compare it to something bad to notice a difference. The reality is good things happen but you wouldn't notice how much of a blessing they are unless you have faced a challenge. 

When something bad happens you recognize it because there is an absence of good.

It can be so frustrating when there is something I strive for and I fall short or circumstances don't seem to go in my favour. Does it make it easier knowing that I have hope in something better? honestly sometimes it can be too hard to see the up side. There are times when I have to will myself to get back up again, it won't come naturally but I can choose to persevere. 

A great book called the bible says 

endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope 

by making a choice to keep pushing forward I am not making everything better but I am taking one step closer to it. 

Then when the good stuff happens I know that I didn't get so overwhelmed by the bad that I couldn't enjoy the good times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment