Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Once upon a time

Fairy tales always start with once upon a time and with how I am feeling it fits perfect! Ahead of me are 4 weeks of excitement and adventure and I am stoked! There are so many things I want to do and see that I don't know what I am most excited for.

After a crazy day of trains, planes and automobiles I am in Istanbul!

Customs was crazy people pushing and shoving. When you are waiting in line people literally just stand in front of you. The poor old lady behind me couldn't cope and was nearly in tears. I had to put my Canadian politeness aside and throw a couple elbows to get through. After that chaos I got my bag and headed through the city.

Turkey is the only country in the world that is on two continents which is pretty rad. I took the metro across the bosphorus river where the border is meaning today I have been in Europe and Asia which is pretty cool.

My hostel is awesome it has a roof top balcony that looks over the whole city. Pictures to come tomorrow when it is light out but I will give one sneak peek.

As a final exciting tid bit about me I was inspired a few years ago by a close friend and I started collecting maps. Old, new, any map really so any city I visit I get a map to remember where I have been. Tomorrow the hunt begins so fingers crossed for a sweet new addition for my collection

I am absolutely shattered so I am calling it an early night so I can be ready for an early 8am start to explore this beautiful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment