Wednesday, November 3, 2010

fallen leaves


today I was walking to the train station to catch my bus. It was my final day of the short uni coarse I was taking and I couldn't help but notice all the leaves on the ground.

There were so any leaves! there were so many different colors it was incredible.

It made me think about how in life it is so easy to focus on one problem or issue that comes up. Focus on one rotten leaf. When it's by itself and right in front of you it is all you see. All your focus is on that one thing. But if you take a step back and look at it as all the leaves it becomes this breathtaking piece of art. The rotten, the fresh, the big, the small, and everything in between.

It can be so hard to look at other things when it seems like the one issue is all up in your grill but when it is put into perspective it is amazing to see how quickly those things float away.

Goal for this week: Pull the rotten leaf away from my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment