Monday, August 27, 2012

you are you


One of my favorite things in the world is people watching, sitting and observing people from all walks of life makes me beyond happy. There are so many things to learn from people but if I am always talking I am never going to gain the knowledge I desire. Being tired also helps because I don't have the energy to make an effort so I can sit an absorb like a sponge.

I have watched and listened to old friends, new friends, and strangers on the train facing their life giants. Some have been consumed by circumstance and others have rose above the challenge to strengthen their character. When I see how inspiring people can be with the life they have it pushes me to strive for even more. Words are not enough to express my gratitude to my friends, family, and God for all that I have.

Today alone I have seen some of my favorite people on the planet, enjoyed my favorite treat halloumi cheese, and now I am relaxing in starbucks with a cup of tea. I spent a while reading some of my favorite blogs and there has been a common theme across them all. People are not content. There is a yearning for more, a need to compare to others to rate ourselves on a scale of success.

I am guilty of this myself, looking towards others to find my value and worth. I have a better job than this person, I don't dress as well as this person, I am more intelligent than this person, the list can go on and on. As I have explored this a bit over the past while I have discovered that this is incredibly common so common in fact it is a problem with every person on the planet. We all want to be accepted and seen as fantastic. We gain one thing and before we even celebrate our achievement we are already pursuing the next best thing.

While that is something that is in the DNA of humans I think we still have a choice to go against habitual patterns. It is definitely easier said than done but what about truth? If someone tells you that you have a blue top on and clearly your top is white you know 100% the truth from the lie. Yet when someone tells you you're amazing in your head you tell yourself your average. The truth is obvious, YOU ARE AMAZING! your amazingness isn't based on the fact that you smell better than the person next to you it is because you as an individual are flippin brilliant. If this still confuses you go back to the blue vs white top. The white top wasn't white just because you compared it to the blue, it was white al on its own merit.

There are 7 billion people on the planet and God still thought it was missing something so he created you! You are incredible, inspiring, unique, intelligent, creative, beautiful, the list goes on and on. It has nothing to do with things around you but simply the fact that you are you.




No comments:

Post a Comment